Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Valentines Day is my favorite!

It's been 10 years since Rhett proposed to me on Valentines Day on the Tower Bridge in London. So I had to quiz him on what he remembered about that day (he passed). I love this holiday because my husband goes all out to express how much he loves me. My favorite is the Card of course because I get it in writing. I have a treasure chest full of them. It's fun to see how things change through the years. This year Rhett tricked me with a box of Foot cream (thoughtful but...) I really thought that was all he got me, because we had already gone out to lunch and gone shopping together and decided that we didn't need to get cards, etc. I always give him a box of chocolates the day after because they are 50% off the next day, it's just my thing. Well, we decided to catch a late night movie ("P.S. I Love You", I cried the whole movie) and there on the seat of the car was a big Victoria's Secret box and Hallmark card. And that's why I married Rhett, he always goes all out for me.

The Valentine Fairy visits our house and leaves gifts on our kids beds while they are sleeping (this is to replace the magic that we are missing from not beliving in Santa). Madeleine got a Beadazzler and immediately did her jeans, shoes, and then started on her brothers before I caught her and had to unbeadazzle Max's jeans. The boys got these tiny little Marvel X-men action figures and spend all day playing with them, and fighting over them, and losing them, and then finding them (I don't get it?). I just felt proud of myself for not forgeting this year and then having to run to the store while saying I was going to the Gym and then telling the kids that our door must have been locked so the Fairy left them in the mailbox.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rhett proposed to Sarah on the same day one of my duaghters was born